MUNICIPALITY OF ACIREALE
The Municipality of Acireale pursuant to art. 2 of the Statute has among other objectives those of: promoting social and economic development, training and research activities, collaboration with state, regional and international research, training and cultural institutions.
The Municipality works to remove any discrimination based on sex, race, language, religion, political opinions and personal and social conditions that limit the effective exercise of rights.
The Municipality promotes actions to promote equal opportunities for women and men.
It has also established a technical consultative body "La Consulta Giovanile" for the study and affirmation and defense of the rights of young people, and for the formulation and proposals of programs, projects, investments and anything else deemed useful in the matter of youth policies.
In implementation of the statutory provisions, it boasts more than twenty years of experience in active labor and local development policies for having launched and directly managed various initiatives for social and labor inclusion and for the development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Recently, the Municipality established a Europe office with the aim of providing advice to citizens on training, work and development opportunities for SMEs offered by the EU, as well as to promote and present projects of public interest. Furthermore, since 2017 a Living Lab has been active for social innovation and for the development of ideas which has highlighted the need to expand the labor market especially for young graduates looking for employment.
The Municipality has an important administrative structure able to guarantee the public evidence of the activities: contracts and tenders office; the publicity of the activities through the praetorian register and the institutional website; correct accounting, through the Accounting and Accounting Office; correctness of accounting: board of auditors; the information desk through the European Office, the contamination of ideas through the Living Lab. The offices of the Municipality also boast twenty years of experience in the management of complex projects financed with Community resources:
– Integrated Territorial Project PIT 30 generalist; Agricultural and training;
– Integrated Urban and Territorial Development Project PISU/PIST n.16;
– Tourist District "Il Mare dell'Etna" first phase;
– Urban redevelopment contract 2008;
– Innovative urban and social redevelopment programs District Contract 2015;
– Social Housing and social inclusion 2017;
– Home Care for e-inclusion of vulnerable groups.
– HOME CARE PREMIUM for the weakest groups;
– Integrated project for social and work inclusion for areas exceeding 100,000 inhabitants in the context of Notice 1 of the family department called “Network a Network for Inclusion”.
– Integrated Project for Active SupportSIA for active job search and social inclusion PON Inclusion Notice 3.
The Municipality is part of:
– of the Flag Coastal Action Group: Riviera Etnea dei Ciclopi e delle Lave, for environmental protection and coastal development, the conversion of businesses operating in the fishing sector and for the development of the blue economy;
– of the Local Action Group: Gal Terre di Aci Scarl for the socio-economic development of the area.
– of the Food district called “District of the supply chains of the Territories of Sicily in Networks.